Notes chapter meeting September 18 2014
Chapter president opened the meeting with a brief review of some of the goals for this year.
Those goals being:
- Top priority is chapter building starting with area representative structure
-The areas have been split into 10 sites each site will hold a meeting to recruit volunteers and educate members.
-There will be 5 site meetings per semester.
- A key element of chapter building is timely, open communication amongst the Chapter leaders so that issues can be assessed and addressed.
- The second goal is to complete the Joint Labor Management project of producing a guide for professionals.
- The project is now with the LRS for insertion of relevant contract articles and policy references
- The third goal is to complete the Joint Labor Management project of a system for promotion for lecturers.
- The committee has been formed and must now meet to begin developing a proposal
- The next goal is to improve communication via the Chapter website.
- Please share any campus events or concerns that you are aware of with John Cote.
- The meeting then moved to open discussion of new issues. Some new issues which were presented by attendees are:
- notice from Extended Education to long serving faculty that stipends will not be paid for those travel courses; suggestion that fees to students be increased to cover the former stipends
- salary level of Potsdam academics members request that salaries of administrators be sent to membership.
- It was also suggested that the chapter hold a meeting and invite the president and HR Director to discuss the issue
- new policy of no full time adjuncts